As a mom, one of the most daunting challenges you have to deal with every day is making your child’s meal. Make no mistake, preparing your little man’s meals can be tiring and time-consuming. Whatever happens, you must not allow your baby to skip any of his meals. If you do, he will cry until someone gives him the much-needed attention that he truly deserves. If you have ever found yourself in this dilemma, there is a way out of it – the baby food maker is it!
A baby food maker is simply a machine, processor, or any other device that helps moms to simplify the task of preparing their babies’ meals. To get the find the best choice for you on the market, all you need is to read this well-researched guide. We have already done all the legwork for you, so you do not have to look for any other articles on this topic. To select the best baby food maker for you, we considered mothers’ choices, hands-on use, and effectiveness. Get ready as we go on this super-informative journey together.
How Did We Pick the Best Baby Food Makers?
The main aim of our articles is to make the buying process for our readers as simple, comfortable and effective as possible.
Every review we create is the result of an intricate study of the market, and customer feedback analysis. You’ll always get an honest final verdict. Only after endless hours of research, and once we’re satisfied that we’ve found the best products, do we then add them to our review list for your consideration.
We hope that you enjoy your purchase. If you found this article useful — please share it with your friends. Follow us on social media to stay up to date with more of the best online product reviews.
Why It is Better?
- Why Do You Need a Baby Food Maker?
- How to Pick the Right Baby Food Maker
- Top 5 Best Baby Food Makers
- 1. Infantino Squeeze Station Baby Food Maker
- 2. green sprouts Fresh Baby Food Mill
- 3. Braun MultiQuick 5 Baby Hand Blender
- 4. BEABA Babycook 4 in 1 Steam Cooker and Blender
- 5. Baby Brezza Small Baby Food Maker Set
- Types of Baby Food Makers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need a Baby Food Maker?
If you wish to a supermom; don’t worry it isn’t rocket science because the first step toward that and it starts with arming yourself with a meal processor. Before we walk you through the comprehensive list that we have compiled for you, it is crucial to break down why you will need a meal-making machine in your home.
- Simplifies mom’s tasks: One of the benefits of gifting yourself one of these machines is that it makes your cooking tasks quick, easy, and convenient. All that you need to do is to buy the fruits and veggies of your choice and mash them using the machine. In the blink of an eye, the sumptuous, nutritious puree will be ready. With one of these machines, you do not have to master the skills of baking, grilling, or frying. This means you do not have to think so hard wondering how you will get that done anymore.
- Nutritional benefits: Truly, choosing canned chow from the stores down the street is not good enough. This has to be pointed out! With a food maker for babies, you can creatively make any meal of your choice, ensuring that it contains the right amounts of nutrients to give your kid the very best. All you have to do is to buy the appropriate quantities of ingredients and mash them to make the most out of the machine.
- Cut feeding cost: Instead of going to your grocery store to buy canned baby chow, it is much better to make it yourself. It is even better that you do not have to spend a lot of time getting it done as the machine makes the task easy. At the end of the day, you will find that you are saving some good money as you are preparing his meals in the comfort of your home. No doubt, having one is truly economical. In a similar vein, when your kids are fed well, the chances of having to go see the doctor, if it happens at all, is reduced to the barest minimum.
- Long-term investment: Just like every other appliance you have at home, getting a meal processor means you are actively investing in your kids’ wellbeing. This means that if you decide to have more than one kid, you can use this machine to prepare breakfast, lunch, or dinner for all of them. Without mincing any words, it is a great investment for all moms looking to give their children the best nutritional value. Do you know you can still use it for making their meals when they have grown up? Yes, you can!
- Multifunctional purposes: You see, some of them are designed in a way that you can use them to prepare a lot of stuff at the same time. They allow you to steam, blend, reheat, and defrost. In addition to all of that. You can also use the device to sterilize baby bottles and warm them as well. When one machine that can be used for all of these multifunctional purposes, there is no denying the fact that you have the real value for your money. Indeed, it is a must-have.
How to Pick the Right Baby Food Maker
In the information age, you do not have to visit a local store to get your best baby food maker. Getting your hand on one is just a click away from the comfort of your home. Nonetheless, you just need to consider certain factors before placing that order. Let us now walk you through those factors one by one.
- Safety: Before you decide on the right one for your little man, ensure that the materials it’s made from will not harm him in any way. Some materials contain BPA, lead, and phthalate – these are harmful compounds, which have no place in any food maker. More importantly, the construction should be shatterproof so that there is no risk of your child’s food becoming contaminated.
- Age: Here comes another factor that you must consider. If your newborn is just starting to eat solids, you should focus your search on a meal-making device that can puree. However, a device that can also mash or chop is more appropriate for older babies transitioning to self-feeding. So, your child’s age and the food they eat is also an important factor.
- Ease of use: As a mom, one of the reasons you are getting that machine is to simplify your life — not to make it more difficult. You have to consider how long it takes you to put it together. Besides, you need to know if it is difficult to operate. You do not want to waste time looking for the instruction manual every time you wish to use it. When you consider these questions, you will be a step closer to making the right choice. Keep in mind that when you already have so much to do, the machine should make your life easier not more difficult.
- Durability: Nobody wants to buy a meal-making device that will need to be replaced in no time. We have already pointed out that you are gifting yourself that machine because it should a long-term investment. Therefore, if you buy a machine that doesn’t meet this requirement, the aim is defeated outright. You should choose a device that will withstand long-term use. Put simply, the best baby food makers must be durable.
- Portability and storage: The number of factors you need to consider is already lengthy, but that list still remains incomplete without considering portability and storage. You will want a machine that is easy to carry and store for future use. Note that you will have to keep it available after use, so you do not need a kitchen appliance that will take up too much space in your not-so-spacious kitchen. Let that sink in for a moment!
- Efficiency: It is worth noting that the efficiency of any device depends on the motor because their strength varies. Small motors are good for pureeing cooked fruits while bigger motor sizes are recommended for beef brisket. If you will always use it for fruits and veggies, go for a machine that can process meats and nuts. You should always be on the lookout for that.
- Brand: You must include brands on your list because some companies are known for making high-quality products. They are well aware that they need to protect their reputation, so they prioritize efficiency, durability, and every other good feature you would possibly expect of your best food processor for baby food. Some examples are Infantino, Green Sprouts, Braun, Baby Brezza, etc.
- Features: Earlier, we mentioned that some of those machines have multifunctional purposes, right? If you do not wish to limit what you can do with it, you should go for one that has loads of features. This means you are getting some real value for your money. It should be able to sterilize, reheat, steam, defrost, and perform every other function that could possibly come to your mind.
- Maintenance: Companies are increasingly looking to make the meal processors that have an auto-cleaning feature. We must make it abundantly clear, however, that the feature is not common but it is out there. If for any reason you do not wish to go for a meal-processing machine that has an auto-cleaning functionality, you should purchase one that is easy to clean.
Top 5 Best Baby Food Makers
1. Infantino Squeeze Station Baby Food Maker Review
Easy to clean
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
This product is an all-round baby food maker as it is good for newborns, babies, and toddlers. In other words, age is not a barrier as it is designed for kiddies across a wide range of ages. You can follow an easy 4-stage process and get your puree ready in no time. We must not fail to mention that it is portable, allowing you to prepare meals on the go. It is affordable, and you can use it for many different meals.
Put simply, you can use it to prepare homemade applesauce, yogurt, and smoothies. With this choice, preparing your child’s meals couldn’t be easier. It comes with pouches that allow you to note what’s inside and the date it was prepared. This food maker for babies makes defrosting so easy and convenient. Feel free to use a large coffee mug with some warm water and place the pouch in the mug. Just try it!
2. green sprouts Fresh Baby Food Mill Review
Easy to clean
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
This is another device that simplifies your task of making purees from steamed veggies and fruits. It is a handheld machine, which is safe for your little one as it is free from harmful substances. If you are a mom on a low budget, we recommend this choice. This is because it is a budget-friendly processor. It is designed for multifunctional purposes. From newborns to 3-year-olds, you can use this meal-processing device to make their smoothies in no time. You will notice that you can use it to grind both soft and hard food.
Given its price, it is safe to say that it gives you real value for your money. One of the features we found fascinating was that it has a spacious base, giving you enough room to maximize its use. What’s more, it is easy to assemble and dismantle this meal processor. Because you can easily dismantle it, you will not have to struggle with it whenever you need to clean it. This is a must-buy!
3. Braun MultiQuick 5 Baby Hand Blender Review
Easy to clean
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
This machine is the perfect way to introduce your little one to the solids. In other words, if you are looking for the best blender for baby food on the market, you have a good option here. It allows you to blend lots of ingredients into your baby’s meal. With the extra milling blade, you can finely chop your veggies and fruits into homemade purees. Variety is the spice of life, so this device allows you to make soups, sauces, and smoothies. This means you can use it to prepare sumptuous meals for the entire family.
It is not only simple, but it also has an ergonomic design that must be taken into consideration. This makes it the safest to use. Lest we forget, it lets you add texture to mash, helping your babies develop teeth and chewing muscles. You can prepare multiple meals in advance and ensure that the rest are frozen. It has many extra accessories and certainly more than most of the meal processors out there.
4. BEABA Babycook 4 in 1 Steam Cooker and Blender Review
Easy to clean
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
If you still need the best baby food maker, you should consider this blender. You can use it to blend, reheat, steam, and blend. These are not in any way marketing gimmicks. So, this explains why we say it is multipurpose. When you have one device that can do all this, it certainly gives you your money’s worth. With all the accessories that ship with this food processor, you will definitely enjoy it.
The extra accessories it ships with include a cooking basket, mixing lid, spatula, and instructional manual. All you need is a maximum of 15 minutes, and it will get your veggies, meat, and fruit ready. No doubt, this is one of those brands you can always trust to deliver on their promises. If you care about the safety of your baby, you are in safe hands as this product is free from harmful chemicals (BPA, lead, and phthalate). With the built-in 4.7-capacity cup, you can prepare 6-15 portions at a go.
5. Baby Brezza Small Baby Food Maker Set Review
Easy to clean
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
We did not choose this product as the most efficient without good reason. To be clear, some other meal processors can take as long as 15 minutes to get things done; but you can achieve the same results with this machine in under 10 minutes. This means you can prepare your homemade meals quickly with the push of one button. Amazing! While others only allow you to use their pouches once, this device has three reusable food pouches. On top of that, it meets the Intertex Testing services requirements for BPA-free products. Plus, it blends foods with a high level of precision. All these perks explain why we consider it to be one of a kind.
Moving on, the search for the best blender for baby food ends right here. This machine satisfies all the factors you would typically expect of your ideal child’s meal processor. With this, making your yummy purees and meals can be done without hassle. Its funnel makes this machine easy to fill. The 3 settings are steam only, blend only, or both.
Types of Baby Food Makers
As we proceed with this guide, we will let you know about the other type of food makers out there.
- All-in-one: If you need the type of food maker that allows you to blend, defrost, reheat, steam, and defrost, then you need the all-in-one type. This type comes with more than one bowl for different purposes. On the other hand, others switch easily without the need to transfer the meal. More often than not, this type has a water reservoir for steaming.
- Blender: One of the advantages of blenders is that they are very easy to use. However, you will have to cook your baby’s food first. Yes, you are right – that’s its downside. But the good news is that cleaning it is pretty easy as it comes with just a few parts.
- Steamer: A steamer is yet another type that you can go for. It is ideal for cooking meals and locking in their nutrients. If you always make tough-to-eat veggies like broccoli, you may want to go for this type. With a steamer, the cooked food will be soft for your little one to munch on and enjoy a great mealtime.
- One-step: This type of baby meal processor has brought some innovation into the kitchen. It has similar features as the all-in-one type. However, its most important feature is that users can program it ahead of time. This way, you won’t overcook your meal or miss out on a mealtime. When the meal is ready, a bell chimes to alert you. It is absolutely easy to use.
- Masher: This is a handheld device, which allows you to chop foods into smaller bits for easy consumption. With this device, you can easily process larger foods items (like a potato) into smaller chunks. When that is done, it can then be fed by the spoonful.
- Manual food mill: If you need a meal processor that does not need you to use electricity, then what you need is a manual food mill. Because you do not need batteries or electricity to power them, you will have to operate them manually. The downside is glaringly obvious: You need time and energy to get things done with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now, we will look at some of those questions you may want to ask about this meal-processing machines.
One of the reasons you are making your child’s food yourself is to eliminate artificial ingredients and preservatives. Obviously, your little one does not need those. Regrettably, the homemade meals will not last longer than the manufactured alternatives – due to the lack of preservatives. Your homemade purees will probably not last for more than two days.
Without mincing words, homemade meals are much healthier than those you buy from brick-and-mortar stores. As a matter of fact, in one study, 3 groups of babies were used in a study to assess the group of infants that looked healthier. In the end, the research study concluded that 3-year-olds who primarily ate homemade meals were less overweight than those who rely on commercial alternatives or both.
Experts strongly recommend that you use fresh produce for your child’s meals. The reason is that they contain more nutrients than other processed options. When you do this, your child will receive all the benefits that with from consuming natural fruits and veggies, etc.
If you cannot solely depend on fresh produce, then you should go for the frozen alternatives. You should keep in mind that canned fruits always have excess sugar while the frozen veggies have too much salt.
As you already know, you really need to consider several factors. However, one factor that must take rank high on your priority list is the safety of your child. The material used to make the meal processor must be free from BPA, lead, and phthalate.
This means that before you consider any option as your ideal meal-processing device, it must satisfy that requirement. The reasoning here is that the utmost safety of your baby must always matter to you.
To be honest, most of these devices are not designed to cook your rice. However, we cannot rule out the fact that it may surprise you if you give it a shot. Otherwise, you should just use the machine to puree the grains after cooking them. Most of the devices can cook meat. If possible, ensure that you check the cooking temperature of the meat using a thermometer (where it is possible).
As a caring mother, you have now learned most of the tidbits you need to succeed with these machines through this informative guide. There is no need to say that your child needs fresh meals every day. With these meal-processing devices, it is reassuring that you can certain of what your little one is eating. More importantly, your child will not lack any essential nutrients if you rely on homemade meals. It is a clear fact that the best food maker will make that so easy for you.
However, one challenge you have to deal with is selecting the right product from a market full of them. Well, that is why you have this guide as we have simplified everything for you. You just have to pick from the list of products we’ve reviewed for you. Here’s the key: Find out why it is the “best”. Afterward, check out its features, pros, cons, and description.
In the end, you will have to make a pick. Sure, you will be delighted you did. Your child deserves nothing but the very best! So, you can now be a great mom by selecting one of the products on this list now! Why wait? Place your order now!